Capital Campaign. . .Building A Brighter Future!
Objectives for Building
at the Boys & Girls Club at
Sequoia Middle School,
- Involve over 200 Middle School aged youth in Before and After School Programs in 2011.
- Engage over 250 new children in 2012
- Introduce new enrichment programs such as fitness, music, dance, computer training and advanced math.
- Grow volunteer programs to enhance enrichment programs and increase community involvement.
- Increase school-based sports program during and after school and weekend hours.
As a result of increased membership and limited space at the Sequoia Boys & Girls Club, there is considerable noise and disruption during activities with children often studying on floors, steps, and crowded couches. The lack of appropriate space compromises the mission to provide quality programming.
Since opening in 2007, membership has grown to 165 members that use this facility daily. Given the facility limitations, growing demand, and the success of the two other expanded Club sites, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley is moving forward with Sequoia as the next expansion site.
Sage Publications donating $150,000 to the Sequoia Boys & Girls Clubs Capital Campaign on February 8, 2011. Blue Prints of Sequoia Middle School Boys & Girls Club
Proposed Floor Plan of Sequoia Middle School Boys & Girls Club
Letter regarding the Capital Campaign