Our 5 CORE Areas
The activities are arranged in a "pick and choose" style. Club members choose from several program areas, which activities they like. All programs have a youth development professional for supervision. Program activities are offered in five core areas:
1. Character Development and Leadership Development:
This area empowers youth to support and influence their Club and community, sustain meaningful relationships with others, develop a positive self-image, participate in the democratic process and respect their own and others' cultural identities.
2. Education and Career Development: Enables youth to become proficient in basic educational disciplines apply learning to everyday situations and embrace technology.
3. Health and Life Skills: Develops young people's capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals and develop the competencies to live success fully as self-sufficient adults.
4. The Arts: Enables youth to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of visual and tactile arts and crafts, performing arts and creative writing.
5. Sports, Fitness and Recreation:
This area develops fitness, positive use of leisure time, skills for stress management, appreciation for the environment and social and interpersonal skills.