Westlake Village, CA
Process and record all assigned financial transactions (payables, club collections and credit cards) in the general ledger. Assist Senior Accountant in compiling regular reports to monitor adherence to budget targets and prepare regular financial statements for management. May assist in preparing tax filings and coordinate annual audit activities with external auditors.
- Process and reconcile all credit card transaction paperwork for the organization.
- Responsible for the timely collections of Club payments.
- Identify outstanding debits in Clubs.
- Contact Club parents to collect overdue payments.
- Take action to encourage timely debt payments.
- Process Club payments and refunds.
- Resolve billing and Club credit issues.
- Update Club account status records and collection efforts.
- Report on Club collections activity and accounts receivable status.
- Investigate historical data for each debt or bill.
- Coding and entry of donations in Bloomerang.
- Coding of and enter of donations in Pledge Tracker spreadsheet.
- Troubleshooting between Accounting and Resource Development regarding donation coding.
- Check Kindest website for most recent monthly donations.
- Email acknowledgements through Bloomerang
- Generation of hard copy letter acknowledgements through Bloomerang.
- Generation of year-end tax letter for donors $250 and over.
- Design and edit acknowledgement emails and letters.
- Three to five years of general accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of administrative, clerical procedures, managing files, and records.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Outlook with Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations being pleasant with others on the job, and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with vendors, consultants, auditors, and service providers to maintain effective accounting operations, manage costs, share information and resolve problems.