College/Graduate Summer Camp Volunteer
Location: The Clubs
Project Length: All summer
Become a leader this summer! We’re looking for camp counselors ready to help the kids in our community build brighter futures with fun and educational summer programs.
What we need:
- Enhance your college or graduate experience this summer!
- Inspire a new generation! Help our kids on their path to success this summer! As a college or graduate student, your involvement will help our kids find their passion while you build valuable, real-life skills through our leadership and management opportunities.
How this helps:
- Volunteers play a vital part in our clubs and programs. Community members provide outside skills, talent, and energy that contribute to a positive safe environment for the members we serve.
- Volunteers offset the cost of staff during programs and operations
- Volunteers provide services that are meaningful, essential to our daily operations, and programming.
What we have:
- Volunteers from all backgrounds (retired teachers, parents, high school students, college students, community members, local charity organizations, local small businesses, community partners, etc.)
- Many of our volunteers were once club kids, who have come back to donate their time and make a lasting impact on members, similar to how a volunteer/staff made a positive impact on their club experience.
- Positive encouragement and reinforcement helps children become self-motivated and allows them to stick at things longer, feel a greater sense of control over what they are doing, and improves overall mental health and wellbeing.
- Must be at least 15 years of age to volunteer with consent to a background check signed by a parent/legal guardian
- Attend ONE onboarding orientation (occurs at least once a month)
- Submit an application
- Clear background check
- 7-10 business days to clear and have all information gathered and processed
- Must be willing to commit to a three-week period-our clubs function best when our members have a reliable, consistent caring adult at the clubs. We ask that all volunteers commit to a three-week minimum
- Most club volunteer hours occur after 2 PM and may vary based on site location. We ask that volunteers check in during after school hours, in order to serve at the highest level of impact.
- Ability to work with others either with our BGC staff, members, and fellow volunteers
- Experience working with youth (educator, tutor, babysitter, school supervisor, etc.)
- Communication skills-ability to communicate with the volunteer coordinator to stay up to date with any news and information
Enrich your summer break and make a real difference.
Are you up for the job? Volunteer with
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley!