High School Summer Camp Volunteer
Location: The Clubs
Project Length: All summer
Become a leader this summer! We’re looking for camp counselors ready to help the kids in our community build brighter futures with fun and educational summer programs.
What we need:
Camp counselors ready to help the kids in our community build brighter futures with fun and educational summer programs.
Camp counselors who are vibrant, energetic, and ready to help teach our kids in areas like math, robotics, coding, science, art, music, sports, education, and healthy lifestyles.
How this helps:
- Volunteers play a vital part in our clubs and programs. Community members provide outside skills, talent, and energy that contribute to a positive safe environment for the members we serve.
- Volunteers offset the cost of staff during programs and operations
- Volunteers provide services that are meaningful, essential to our daily operations, and programming.
What we have:
- Volunteers from all backgrounds (retired teachers, parents, high school students, college students, community members, local charity organizations, local small businesses, community partners, etc.)
- Many of our volunteers were once club kids, who have come back to donate their time and make a lasting impact on members, similar to how a volunteer/staff made a positive impact on their club experience.
- Positive encouragement and reinforcement helps children become self-motivated and allows them to stick at things longer, feel a greater sense of control over what they are doing, and improves overall mental health and wellbeing.
- Must be at least 15 years of age to volunteer with consent to a background check signed by a parent/legal guardian
- Attend ONE onboarding orientation (occurs at least once a month)
- Submit an application
- Clear background check
- 7-10 business days to clear and have all information gathered and processed
- Must be willing to commit to a three week period-our clubs function best when our members have a reliable, consistent caring adult at the clubs. We ask that all volunteers commit to a three week minimum
- Most club volunteer hours occur after 2PM and may vary based on site location. We ask that volunteers check in during after school hours, in order to serve at the highest level of impact.
- Ability to work with others either with our BGC staff, members, and fellow volunteers
- Experience working with youth (educator, tutor, babysitter, school supervisor, etc.)
- Communication skills-ability to communicate with the volunteer coordinator to stay up to date with any news and information
Enrich your summer break and make a real difference.
Are you up for the job? Volunteer with
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley!