What we need:
- Vibrant individuals who are looking to give back to their community and work in the field of youth development
- Energetic individuals who want to make a difference and impact in their community
- Caring individuals who are looking to be a positive role model for youth
How this helps:
- Volunteers play a vital part in our clubs and programs. Community members provide outside skills, talent, and energy that contribute to a positive safe environment for the members we serve.
- Volunteers offset the cost of staff during programs and operations
- Volunteers provide services that are meaningful, essential to our daily operations, and programming.
What we have:
- Volunteers from all backgrounds (retired teachers, parents, high school students, college students, community members, local charity organizations, local small businesses, community partners, etc.)
- Many of our volunteers were once club kids, who have come back to donate their time and make a lasting impact on members, similar to how a volunteer/staff made a positive impact on their club experience.
- Must be at least 15 years of age to volunteer with consent to a background check signed by a parent/legal guardian
- Attend ONE onboarding orientation (occurs at least once a month)
- Submit an application
- Clear background check
- 7-10 business days to clear and have all information gathered and processed
- Must be willing to commit to a three week period-our clubs function best when our members have a reliable, consistent caring adult at the clubs. We ask that all volunteers commit to a three week minimum
- Most club volunteer hours occur after 2PM and may vary based on site location. We ask that volunteers check in during after school hours, in order to serve at the highest level of impact.
- Ability to work with others either with our BGC staff, members, and fellow volunteers
- Experience working with youth (educator, tutor, babysitter, school supervisor, etc.)
- (Optional) Experience in relationship building and working with young people and parents
- Communication skills-ability to communicate with volunteer coordinator to stay up to date with any news and information