Whip up these sugar cookies with your children.
As parents, it’s hard to find a suitable recipe to make with your children. From spilled almond milk to flour everywhere, it’s often better to do the baking yourself and let your children do the eating. However, with this fool-proof recipe, even your kids can enjoy baking with you!
Bake these sugar cookies with your little ones today!
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease your cookie sheets.
- Mix the sugar, shortening, egg, vanilla, and almond extract until creamy. Mix in the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Make several small balls of dough. Roll out dough to about 1/8 or 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies onto the prepared sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes, depending upon whether you like hard or soft cookies. Remove cookies and let cool on a rack. Serve warm with a glass of almond milk!
Through education and planning, the team at Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley offers your child the opportunity to learn while having fun. To get your children involved with a great camp that is ideal for them, contact us today! We have many programs that encourage outdoor activities, personal development, and fun!