Whip up this delicious stuffed pepper recipe that your family will love.
Summer means that we get to enjoy a variety of seasonal produce as well as vibrantly-colored food. If you’re looking for a meal to satisfy your whole family, that’s easy to make, and exudes the summer vibe, you’ll want to check out this stuffed pepper recipe. It’s bright, colorful, and delicious! From grandpa to the youngsters, your whole family will enjoy this recipe.
- 1½ cups wild rice
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1½ cups plain tomato sauce
- 1 heaping tsp herbes de provence
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- ½ tsp cumin (optional)
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 chopped red onion
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans
- ½ cup corn
- 1 cup plain tomato sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1½ heaping tsp herbes de provence
- Green onion
- Hot Sauce
- Hot Pepper Flakes
- Simmer wild rice on medium-low heat with vegetable broth, plain tomato sauce, herbs, mushrooms and red onion until rice is fully cooked. When cooked, stir and mix in kidney beans and corn.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C. When rice is cooking, prepare a casserole dish by adding tomato sauce and spices to the bottom of the casserole dish. Prepare bell peppers by removing the seeds and white insides. Leave the tops of the pepper intact. Fill the peppers by adding the rice mixture to the peppers (you will have a bit of rice mixture left over). Arrange the stuffed peppers side by side in the pan. Cover and bake in the oven for 55 minutes. For the final 5 minutes remove the lid of the casserole dish and broil the stuffed peppers until the tops of the peppers just begin to blacken (being careful not to burn the peppers!).
- Smother the stuffed peppers in the thick tomato sauce from the bottom of the pan and top off with preferred garnish. Enjoy!
Whip up this fun and tasty recipe this summer! Are you looking for enriching programs for your child? Then turn to us at Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley to learn about the many after-school programs we have available for your child. Contacts us to get started today.