A closer look at the atmosphere the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley create.
The Boys & Girls Clubs are exactly what they sound like: clubs for boys and girls. There’s a deeper layer to it, though. More than just being a place for boys and girls to go, these clubs aim to create a positive, encouraging environment for every kid who shows up. How do we do that? By offering program activities in these five core areas.
- Character & Leadership Development. We want kids in our community to feel empowered to make a difference, build good relationships, and know their own and others’ worth.
- Education & Career Development. We teach basic educational disciplines, applying them to everyday situations, so kids can further their learning and feel confident about their eventual roles in the workplace. We also teach tech skills to prepare today’s kids to become tomorrow’s leaders.
- Health & Life Skills. Have you ever found yourself saying, “I wish they taught me this in school!” Our goal is that no Boys & Girls Club member will ever have to say that, thanks to teaching them skills they need to live successful, self-sufficient, and well lives.
- The Arts. To help local kids become more culturally aware and creative, we offer ongoing engagement with the arts, including crafts, performing arts, and writing.
- Sports, Fitness, & Recreation. From helping with stress management to making the most of the downtime, we aim to show Boys & Girls Club members how to get moving in a positive way while respecting the environment and others.
Would you like to learn more about how we’re working to create a positive environment at all the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley? If so, contact us today. Our caring, dedicated team is here to help build the best present and future for local boys and girls, and we’d love to share that work with you!