Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
Breakfast is an essential staple in everyone’s diet. It wakes you up, fuels you for the day ahead, and improves your brain power. By giving children a hearty and healthy breakfast, parents ensure that their kids get the needed nutrition and help them form good eating habits.
What does a good breakfast look like?
Any breakfast is better than no breakfast – almost. Doughnuts and pastries are not doing anything for your child. They are high in sugar, calories, and fat, and your child will be left feeling hungry and sluggish after the sugar wears off.
Here are some healthy breakfast ideas that will set your child up for success!
- Eggs! Scrambled, fried, or boiled – the style is your preference!
- Oatmeal with almond milk – This hot breakfast is filling so that your child will easily make it to lunch time.
- Peanut butter on whole grain bread – For added nutrition (and taste!), cover with sliced bananas.
- Fruit smoothies – Full of goodies, this perfect on-the-go drink provides protein to keep your child going. They’re so versatile, too! Grind up chia or pumpkin seeds for more protein, and add a banana to naturally sweeten up the blend!
- Breakfast burrito bowl – Long day ahead? No problem. A dish of beans, avocado, tofu, chickpeas, and tomatoes is not only protein-packed but full of flavor!
Fortunately, healthy eating habits are thoroughly reinforced at Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley. Our organization and staff members understand the importance of maintaining a balanced diet for top cognitive function and development!