Make school lunches easy with this no-bake, no-fuss wrap recipe.
Now that your child is back in school, you’re probably wrapping up the same PB&J sandwich for their lunch. While that option is a no-brainer for those who want to save on prep and cooking time, for children, it can get very boring very quickly.
With that said, why not try something a bit different? Opt for this healthy veggie wrap that will fill up your child for their action-packed afternoon, as well as being easy and convenient for you to make!
- Four whole wheat tortillas
- Two tablespoons hummus
- One medium carrot cut into sticks
- One medium cucumber cut into sticks
- One cup shredded green leafy lettuce or romaine
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon hummus on each tortilla.
- Wash and cut carrot and cucumbers into strips. Arrange on the tortilla in the center.
- Finally, shred the lettuce and divide among each tortilla. Wrap up tightly. Cover each wrap with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge to chill and hold its shape.
There are plenty of ways that you can get creative with hummus in your child’s lunchbox, and this wrap certainly hits the spot! Hummus makes a great ingredient to include in your kid’s lunch. Not only will it fill their bellies but it is also full of healthy ingredients that will keep your child going all day long. Being a mindful parent allows your kid to be set up for success!
Fortunately, healthy eating habits are reinforced at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley. Our organization and staff members understand the importance of maintaining a balanced diet for top cognitive function and development. Contact us today to get your child enrolled in one of our fun after-school programs!