Back to school season is booming – do you have these essentials in place?
The school season is back in full swing, and the memories of the beach in summer are fading into distant memories. While you and your children get used to the early mornings and bedtimes again, now is the time to ensure that your kids have all of the needed back to school essentials to start the year off on the right foot.
These are the essentials that you need to prepare your child heading back to school!
- A sturdy backpack – Pick one in your child’s favorite color to let them wear it with pride throughout the whole school year. Make sure that it’s a sturdy and reliable backpack with plenty of pockets and space for the following…
- Reusable water bottle – Part of keeping your child healthy (and functioning!) is to keep them hydrated. Pack a bottle of water in their bag so that they can keep sipping throughout the day and refill when needed.
- Pens and paper – From pens, pencils, highlighters, notepads, and rulers, your child is going to need to get equipped for classes.
- Extra equipment – If your child is taking a special sports lesson or math class, they may need certain equipment. From field boots to a scientific calculator, your child shouldn’t be that kid who forgets the essentials.
- Comfortable shoes – Your child is going to be walking to and from classes every day, as well as to the bus or the house. If their shoes start to rub, they’re going to be sore and distracted. Set them up with comfortable shoes to keep them going all day.
- Lunchbox – Instead of relying on saturated fat- and salt-heavy foods in the canteen, pack a healthy and nutritious lunch for your child. Even better, pack it in a fun lunchbox!
At summer camp, we understand the importance of getting prepared for the back to school season. If you want to get your children involved with a great camp that is ideal for them, contact Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley. We have many programs that encourage outdoor activities, personal development, and fun!