Youth Development Professional II
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley is offering an exciting opportunity for the right people to join our dynamic, forward-thinking team. We rely on the dedication of caring employees to provide a safe, nurturing environment for kids to learn and grow. We take pride in our highly skilled, diverse and committed workforce.
See more about our clubs here.
Youth Development Professionals play an important role in connecting all youth to opportunities and help youth discover their abilities and interests.
Karen & Ed Jefferson Club on the campus of Bay Laurel Elementary School (Calabasas) – Full-time
Dr. Richard Grossman Club on the campus of Chaparral Elementary School (Calabasas) – Part-time
Candidates will have fun assisting with the planning, implementing, and appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events.
- Creating lesson plans based on existing or new programs to create a high quality club experience.
- Effectively run programs, services, and other activities for drop-in members and visitors.
- Responsible for lesson planning and creating innovating programs and activities
- Classroom management of a group of children.
- Ensure quality programs, prepare youth for success, and promote the safety of members, and quality in programs.
- Look for opportunities to recruit members and increase outreach
- Effectively utilize social-emotional skills to identify and address behavioral issues and notify Club Director of any escalating issues.
May be required to travel to multiple club facilities for business purposes
- Experience working with youth, understanding of youth development, and creating curriculum for activities
- Ability to communicate with the general public clearly and to organize and problem solve
- Demonstrated experience conducting youth activities
- Two to three years’ experience in youth development
- Early Childhood Education Credits a plus
Background check clearance required
Why work for us?
- Rewarding work environment – make a difference in kids’ lives!
- Great work life balance
Starting at $18 – $20 hourly
Attention: Annette Horenstein
1 Dole Dr. #3331
Westlake Village, CA 91362
Skills and Abilities
- Team building (able to convince members to work toward a common goal)
- Decision making (able to formulate sound approaches to problems using the available information)
- Motivational (able to motivate youth and manage behavior problems)
- Communication (able to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing)
- Interpersonal (able to work well with a wide range of people)
- Time management (able to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines)
- Conflict resolution (able to encourage youth to seek peaceful approaches to addressing problems and conflict)
- Cope and handle high-stress situations
Since we first opened our doors in 2003, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Conejo Valley has grown to become one of the largest in Southern California.
Our clubs provide a safe place to play, laugh, discover, and learn for youth in grades K-8. Caring, trained staff and volunteers work with our members in supervised, safe, and structured environments to build new skills and help them succeed.