Youth Development Professionals play an important role in connecting all youth to opportunities and help youth discover their abilities and interests.
Karen & Ed Jefferson Club on the campus of Bay Laurel Elementary School (Calabasas) – Full-time
Dr. Richard Grossman Club on the campus of Chaparral Elementary School (Calabasas) – Part-time
Candidates will have fun assisting with the planning, implementing, and appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events.
- Creating lesson plans based on existing or new programs to create a high quality club experience.
- Effectively run programs, services, and other activities for drop-in members and visitors.
- Responsible for lesson planning and creating innovating programs and activities
- Classroom management of a group of children.
- Ensure quality programs, prepare youth for success, and promote the safety of members, and quality in programs.
- Look for opportunities to recruit members and increase outreach
- Effectively utilize social-emotional skills to identify and address behavioral issues and notify Club Director of any escalating issues.
May be required to travel to multiple club facilities for business purposes
- Experience working with youth, understanding of youth development, and creating curriculum for activities
- Ability to communicate with the general public clearly and to organize and problem solve
- Demonstrated experience conducting youth activities
- Two to three years’ experience in youth development
- Early Childhood Education Credits a plus
Background check clearance required
Why work for us?
- Rewarding work environment – make a difference in kids’ lives!
- Great work life balance