Try whipping up this delicious, and festively green recipe inspired by Saint Patrick’s Day.
Saint Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! While most families will celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day by donning their favorite green clothing and perhaps trying out some crafts, why don’t you try to step up your celebration this year? One great way to take your festivities to the next level is by continuing the day’s green theme all the way to the dinner table. This Saint Patrick’s Day, try serving up this fun and festive green recipe to delight your whole family!
Spinach Pesto Pasta
- 1 lb. pasta
- 2 tbsp. roasted almonds
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 oz. baby spinach (about 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. grated pecorino or Parmesan
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid, drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the almonds, garlic and lemon zest until finely chopped. Add the spinach, oil, pecorino and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Purée until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water if the pasta seems dry.
- Serve immediately!
Whip up this fun and tasty recipe in honor of this Saint Patrick’s Day. Are you looking for enriching after-school programs for your child this month? Then turn to us at Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley to learn about the many after-school programs we have available for your child. Contacts us to get started today.