Human Resources Intern
Location: Westlake Office
Length: One semester or quarter
The human resources intern will learn the HR needs of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley, a 501c3 non-profit organization with direct mentorship from the human resources director.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley offers high yield programming to Club members attending Kindergarten through grade eight.
- This is an UNPAID internship opportunity.
- One position is available at a time.
- Project hours will range between 10-15 hours per week.
- Interns will commit to a team and individual meeting per week with the Human Resources Director.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of one full semester or quarter, depending on your school schedule.
- Must be willing to submit and pass a background and reference check.
- College credits can be made available per the request and oversight of your school’s faculty.
What You Will Do:
- Learn the needs of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley, a 501c3 non-profit organization.
- Learn about the employee and volunteer life cycle
- Learn how to recruit, hire, onboard, train and manage employee and volunteer information.
- Learn about non-profit governance and why compliance is an essential part of every non-profit organization.
- Create and complete relevant documentation, reports and forms.
- Provide additional relevant administrative support.
Attention: Annette Horenstein
1 Dole Dr. #3.331
Westlake Village, CA 91362
- Current or recent college/graduate school student a field related to business, education, or non-profit governance.
- Interested in a career in non-profit, education, business, or human resources.
- Ability to prove fundamental human resources knowledge through school credit or related experience.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and standard office equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Project management skills with ability to self-motivate.
- Capable of identifying and protecting confidential information.