Get moving this season by involving your kid in fun activities.
We all know the benefits that exercising brings to adults. What we often forget is that physical activity for children is just as important. While schools do a fairly good job of encouraging children to be active and involving them in sports and games, it doesn’t hurt to get your child moving outside of school.
Through exercise, children benefit from the following:
- Improved sleep – Those that move more are known to get a better night’s sleep. By being more rested, they are able to better focus on the day at school.
- Metabolism – Children that are prone to regular physical exertion develop a better metabolism than those who remain stagnant all day.
- Build healthy bones – Just as muscles grow stronger when physically stressed, bones also respond by getting stronger. Exercise increases bone density, which helps to prevent osteoporosis.
- Regulated blood pressure – Exercises has shown to reduce stress levels. Once these levels lower, blood pressure declines.
- Enhanced emotional wellbeing – By releasing endorphins, happiness is induced by exercise. When children feel happier, they are able to develop themselves positively.
Why not get your child moving by involving them in a fun mud run?
The second annual Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley 2K Mud Dash takes place on the grassy fields of Redwood Middle School on Saturday, April 15th. It starts and finishes at the same point, allowing participants to loop in and out of tires, jump hay bales, carry sandbags, and get a little dirty!
The course is 2K, just over a mile long, and a perfect length for the entire family! At the finish line, participants will each receive a medal and get to enjoy music from our partners, Oakheart Music Festival.
The event also includes post-race festivities with a DJ, food trucks, local vendors, Easter egg hunts, a Gaga ball tournament, and a kids zone. It’s bound to be a fun and exciting morning, so register early to ensure a spot!
For more information and to sign up, visit us here!